Call for Contributions ICBF2017 Cargo Bike Lab
Festival dates: 11-12-13 June 2017
Submission deadline: 31 March 2017
ABOUT THE INTERNATIONAL CARGO BIKE FESTIVAL
The first International Cargo Bike Festival took place in April 2012 when cargo bike entrepreneurs and enthusiasts gathered in Nijmegen, the Netherlands, to exchange and discuss their experiences and ideas. From then on another International Cargo Bike Festival has been organized in Nijmegen each year. In 2017 the 6th edition will be held in Nijmegen again.
In this edition, we will present the Cargo Bike Lab, a meeting space where we can share knowledge and experience; where challenges will be discussed and new ideas and partnerships will be created.
The International Cargo Bike Festival is an official pre-event to the Velo-city Conference which will also be in Nijmegen. It operates, however, independently from the Velo-city organisation.
Using the perspective of different types of cargo bike enthusiasts – from entrepreneurs to city builders, scientists and bike advocates to journalists and more – we are planning a conference meant to show the possibilities of the use of cargo bikes in daily life, logistics and entrepreneurship. Cargo bikes are more than a sustainable solution for transporting goods and people, it is also a way to develop a culture and built environment supporting the health, wealth and happiness of many people.
You don’t want to miss this opportunity to connect with like-minded people from all over the world!
Photo left: Marjet van Veelen
1. Highlight the actions taken by you, your company, community or organization
2. Share your latest research advancements
3. Meet people of different backgrounds with similar interests and expand your network
Transportation is at the core of our lives; we cannot suffice without transportation. The bicycle is one of many modes of transportation, and offers many well-known advantages, such as being practical, reliable, affordable, healthy, fun and clean. The developments around cargo bikes and cycle logistics are on the rise worldwide. The International Cargo Bike Festival aims at gathering a variety of people working on these developments and the people who are interested to get more involved. The Festival aspires to create an opportunity for dialogue that helps move us closer to a future where the use of cargo bikes in transportation and entrepreneurship is optimised in communities around the world.
International Cargo Bike Festival 2017 will give a chance for contributors to showcase their work through a poster presentation or a 20x20 presentation. With the overall aim to interact and think all together about cargo bike developments and solutions.
Poster session: Several topics and experiences are particularly nice to present through a poster. We supply the display space – size will be communicated in advance – and you bring the poster. A dedicated timeslot will allow you to elaborate on your poster to an audience visiting the posters.
20x20 presentation: 20 slides, 20 seconds per slide, this is the formula for this presentation. A great format for succinct and entertaining presentations, several 20x20 presentations will be integrated into one session in the program.
• You can submit your contribution by filling out the Contribution Submission Form: https://nl.surveymonkey.com/r/internationalcargobike2017
• This form is a Survey Monkey form. We advise you to prepare your answers in a separate text file, or print the completed form prior to submitting it, for your future reference.
• You will be asked to fill out your name, organization, title of the contribution, city/town, country, email address, phone number. Then a short abstract of your topic (outline proposed content with enough detail to give reviewers an accurate picture of what you plan to present). Please limit your response to 750 words or less.
• Then you will be asked to choose between a poster presentation or 20x20 presentation.
• If you would like to submit several contributions, please fill out a form for each contribution.
• All submissions must be written in the English language. Please use standard abbreviations and abbreviation rules.
• The deadline for submitting your contribution is 31 March 2017.
• Should you have any questions about the submission process or the content of this Call, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
SELECTION AND AWARD PROCESS
All contributions will be reviewed by a committee. Accepted contributors will be contacted through email by 15 April 2017 after which you have 2 weeks to notify the organizers whether you will be participating or not. We hope to hear from you!
Program committee: Jos Sluijsmans & Angela van der Kloof